Thursday, March 4, 2021

Like Christmas...

 

Except you don't have to be good to get stuff.  Some scoot stuff I ordered came in last night: a small air compressor, a heavy-duty tire pressure gauge to use with that compressor, a lock for attaching my helmet to the bike when my top case is full, and a set of ROK Straps for strapping stuff down on the bike.

After getting two flat tires in six months (and none in the previous couple decades) on my bikes, we both decided a tire repair kit and an air compressor on each bike would be a good safety item to have.  Joan decided on a compressor that has a built-in battery and a pressure gauge; it also has USB outlets that can charge up your phone.

I opted for the "more power" option, with a compressor that runs off the SAE outlet from my bike's battery.  The tire gauge attaches in-line with the compressor, so you can see what your pressure is as it is pumping.  In testing them this morning, both get the job done; the heavier unit I opted for gets it done in about half the time.

I spent quite a bit of time researching small compressors, concentrating on those designed to be used on a motorcycle.  The research was "infotainment" - informative and entertaining.  I can see how people get information overload and aren't able to make a decision.  We are both happy with our choice.  Joan's looks like a substantial flashlight; this is mine...

And, and the gauge...


 

Hers...


To make sure they each got a good test, I let some air out of the tires before pumping them back up; that's faith in the product.  ;-)

I bought my stuff from a business called Vamoose Gear (www.vamoosegear.com), a company that bills themselves as "a small business in a small town."  They had everything I wanted in stock, and got it all shipped out right away.  A good buying experience.

And, since I had the bike out, I went for a ride.  Another beautiful day in the Tropical Tip.

What about Joan's door reconstruction project?  Thanks for asking.  She finished it this afternoon.  She dug out where the wood was rotted, filled with expandable foam, smoothed, sanded, another application, then sealed it all with an outdoor silicone, and painted the door jam and the door.  Whew - I need to take a nap just writing about that.  Yes, she gets things done.

Rufus gets things done, too.  Especially naps.  He and I were out walking this morning when some folks from the neighborhood came by... "Hi Rufus - how are you this morning?"  More people that know Rufus's name, but just know me as Rufus's Dad.  At one point, his leash got caught on a brick and he pulled out of his leash.  The lady said, "Oh, do you have to get him before he runs off?"

"He is not a flight risk - he'll be waiting for me at the door or in the grass closest to the door."  (We were literally in front of our house when this happened.)  Yep, there he was - right in the grass closest to the door.  In case I haven't mentioned this in a while: he's a good boy.


No comments: