Friday, March 19, 2021

Scootin' With a Purpose...

 

Out to the storage unit today, on the Vespa.  I haven't been out to check on the motorhome since that nasty cold spell last month.  We dumped all the water before the cold hit, but you have to wonder if you got it all.

It was a NNE wind at 15mph, gusting higher, and mostly east/west roads to get to the storage unit (40 miles inland).  Cool, at 63º, but a pleasant ride.  I got to the storage unit, parked the Vespa, and got the coach out...


I had a list of things to do there, but first to put some water on to see if there are any issues (like leaks or broken water lines)... all seemed good.  While getting water onboard, I put some Sta-Bil in the gas tank and fire up the generator.  A bit of bleach in the water, and it was time to put the coach back in the storage unit.  We had moved a bunch of stuff out of the "trunk" of the motorhome to get at the coveralls and trouble-light in our "RV stuff" bin, so I put all that away.  The last time we used the motorhome was to get to Austin for some service on the Vespa, so I took the trailer hitch/ball off and put the car tow-bar equipment back on.

Then, time for lunch...



Joan packed me a lunch.  I didn't think that would be necessary, but it was nice to have a bite and relax in the coach before heading back.  Yeah, I miss being out and about in the coach... this doesn't qualify as "out and about," but it was nice to be messing about with it.

Then, time to head back home.  This being the Friday of Texas Week Spring Break, I thought the traffic might be heavy, but it was pretty much like a typical Friday (pre-Covid) with the traffic rolling through town.  The highway between the storage unit and PI was nicely traffic-free.  Oh, there was one guy in a pickup truck to started to pull out from a driveway, right in front of me... the ABS brakes work fine.  And another guy in a pickup who came up quickly behind me, then sat too close back there.  I was doing the speed limit, so I slowed a bit to let him pass.  He didn't.  I slowed a bit more, keeping a close eye on him, since he was so close.  He didn't pass.  I accelerated back up to the speed limit, and after a short time, he finally passed me... while texting on his phone.  I guess I'm lucky he didn't run me down when he first came up behind me.

Once home and the Vespa unloaded, I hopped on the e-scoot to go check mail.  Joan called it my "three bike day"... the e-bike for my morning exercise, the Vespa for the 80 mile round trip to storage, and the e-scoot for the short ride to check mail.  Not a bad way to pass the day.


No comments: