Friday, March 26, 2021

Scrubbed...

 

No, I'm not going to tell you about me cleaning up this morning.

SpaceX potentially had another test launch in store today.  They don't really make a public announcement about it, but there are notices posted when the road leading to the facility from Brownsville is closed, and when the airspace for a 5 mile radius around it closed.  That was happening today.

When that does happen, Joan gets online to see, as SpaceX does have a feed that shows what step they are in for the launch process... lots of steps to go through before it ever gets close.  And this afternoon, the scrubbed the process.  It happens.  Regularly.  We did hear a very short test firing this morning, which alerts us that something is up.  And what's up today isn't another SpaceX rocket.

 

---------

Can you hear me now?

Not doing a cell phone commercial.  I took the Vespa out for a ride; got the current Scooter Tag, rode around a bit, just enjoyed being out.  When riding, I generally put in ear plugs... even as an old rock 'n roller, my hearing is still good; I want to maintain that.  A alternate between highly rated foam plugs and more high-tech silicone plugs.  Both do a decent job, neither are particularly comfortable and secure.  A guy on my scooter forum recommended Surefire Sonic Defenders (EP4), a brand I hadn't heard of.  I looked them up - good reviews and less money than I paid for the plain old silicone plugs.

Joan ordered me a set; they came in this afternoon.  Too late for my scooter ride, but I wore 'em around the house and while taking garbage to the compactor... decent.  They seem to cut more noise than either pair I've been wearing, and they are more comfortable...


 

I'm looking forward to trying them on the scooter, but tomorrow is supposed to be another blowing-like-stink kinda day.



 

No comments: