Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Simple pleasures...

 

There was some discussion on one of my forums regarding vaccinations.  No good can come of that.  Not vaccinations - the discussion of them.  Some flat-earther will say that "Vaccinations are a government plot... blah, blah," and things will go downhill from there.  The discussion of "science" will come up, and his response will be: "Yeah, the same science that used to think the Earth was flat..."

I played guitar for a while, while Joan cleaned up and went to the Post Office - we had 2 packages to pick up, one with $15.50 postage due.  Seems that Passport America sent us a box with a new guide book and some other stuff we didn't need (mugs and masks as a thankyou for getting a Lifetime Membership).  Twice.  Both with the same tracking number; one with the postage paid, the other with postage due.  Joan had to send them a photo because they said they didn't do that.  There's a lot of stupid out there.

Some simple pleasures will set things right.  Next stop: Burger Fi.  Yes, we're still dining in the car, but the burgers are my favorite and the fries were fresh out of the frier.  Topped it off with a cruise through the car wash.  Might as well take that freshly washed car to the beach.  Another simple pleasure...

A foggy day, so you don't see out very far.  But nice all the same.  When we got home, I took a nap.  Our neighbor David came by with an envelope that was put in their box by mistake (a lot of that going around)... he was taking their dog Tessa for a walk, so Rufus and Tessa got some nose-to-nose time on the landing.  And now, Rufus is taking a nap - he looks so darn sweet you just want to go over and rub that furry belly.

Simple pleasures.




3 comments:

Bob said...

Cap - I tried to get the story line about vaccinations on the site you mentioned to slow down but it is impossible for some to let go of a bone that is only tasty to them. They say you can fool some of the folks some of the time but you cannot fool all of the folks all of the time. My simple proof that COVID-19 is dangerous, demands worldwide action, and for our house, a mandate to follow the protocols including vaccinations, that proof is the huge and costly sacrifices that so many all around the world have taken to keep not only the known dangers under some level of control but also to set up a barrier to the unforeseen, the currently unknowable. We both agree that there is a lack of common sense in the world, a profound disrespect of others, and among some demographics, a complete ignorance of the laws of economics on both the macro and the micro level. I guess at 74 I have to keep working and paying taxes so that others much younger and stronger than I can sit at home and watch TV! Oh well, I like to work!! Love the new scoot!!! See ya. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob. Tough times, indeed, when the lack of regard for others is pervasive. If you don't trust "the government", and I understand that to a point, who do you trust? Someone on the internet who also told you how to vote? Your doctor? I had an eye-opening situation with this recent issue with prostate cancer... I had read that "most men who are diagnosed with prostate cancer will live long enough to die from something else." Apparently, not all prostate cancer is the same, and what I had was nasty and aggressive (from the test results). I asked, "How long if I do nothing?" The answer was "Three years or less." Well, you take notice of that. An appointment with another urologist came up with, "That needs to go - now." Would an intelligent person continue to go through other doctors until you find one that agrees with your point of view? I'm old enough to remember the polio and TB vaccines. Seeing the effects of those diseases, no one wanted to pass on that vaccine. I don't see the difference with the virus we are now facing. Other than you don't see the people in ICU. People who say, "It's like the flu..." are apparently unaware that the flu kills on average 60,000 people a year in the US, and we are now over 500,000 Corona virus deaths this past year, not to mention the long term effects of some who "survived." Why someone would not take precautions is beyond me. But, other than that, everything's swell.

Take care,
Jim

orantez said...

My dad was diagnosed with ALS, and I was so confused because I love my dad and I wouldn't want to lose him so soon so I decided to look for a possible solution to get rid of this ALS despite knowing it has no Medical cure as advised by the medical doctor , everyday my dad's heath depreciate and keeps losing weight and strength, a friend advised me to try dr santy wise ALS therapy that she used dr santy therapy to cure her dad's heart disease and I was reluctant about it until after a second thought I decided to give it a try because no harm in trying and immediately I contacted him on hangout he assured me that my dad will be cured within few weeks of medication and he sent me the therapy and I applied it on my dad as advised by Dr santy and within 3 weeks of medication my dad was cured and now my dad has no symptoms of ALS anymore. contact dr.santyjatto@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348145243120 NOTE THAT THIS MAN HAS CURE FOR ANY SICKNESSSCABIES
PENIS ENLARGEMENT, ASTHMA
ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION, DIABETES type 1 and type 2, HERPES GENITAL WART, LOW SPERM COUNT, WEAK ERECTION ,BREAST ENLARGEMENT ,PROSTATE CANCER HIV/AIDS.