Monday, March 8, 2021

Variety...

 

I took Joan's scoot for a ride yesterday.   I've mentioned this here before, but the Vespa (mine) and the Xmax (hers) are very different interpretations of the 300cc category scooter.   What I notice first off getting on her bike is the size: the Xmax feels bigger, because it is (54.3" on the Vespa, 60.6" on the Xmax.  The hump between my ankles on the Xmax gives it a feel of more bulk.  It's a long reach to the windshield on the Xmax, where I occasionally bump my helmet face shield on the Vespa's windshield.  The riding position on the Xmax feels sportier, but the Vespa feels more comfortable to me (could be what I'm used to).  I can flatfoot my Vespa (with the Corbin seat), more balls of the feet on the Xmax.  The Xmax accelerates faster... I looked down going over the causeway (55mph speed limit), and I was pulling through 65mph.

As I've said, the Vespa is a better fit for me, but it is fun to take the Xmax for a spin now and then.

No comments: