Friday, March 5, 2021

TGIF...

 

Nah, Friday isn't that big of a deal when you're retired.  I like to hear from my kid, though, to know she made it through her work week OK.  I like Thursday, but only because of the initials for So Happy It's Thursday.

It started off a bit drizzly this morning, but not cold.  I still got a bike ride in.  By afternoon, it cleared up and was lovely.  Rufus got a nice walk in this afternoon; got nose to nose with a couple neighbor dogs.

It has been a while - today was a mostly about music day for me: I played for a while to entertain Joan and Rufus, then late this afternoon went to work on a music video project I've been putting off since our nasty cold spell.  I shot some video and started the editing.  I need to get a shot list sent to Mark for his parts, so this isn't going to be done anytime soon.  Fortunately, no deadline.

Speaking of music, did you see that Dolly Parton got her vaccine shot - they showed a clip on the Today Show... she sang the tune from Jolene with the word "vaccine"... seems that I've seen that somewhere before...


 

Yeah, this is from last September, well before anyone was sure if or when we'd have a vaccine.

Speaking of the vaccine: one week ago today for us for our second shot.  You may have heard that our Governor is dropping the mask mandate and "opening up Texas 100%".  The President labeled this "Neanderthal thinking"... so, politics as usual.


No comments: