Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Feeling ignored...

 

By Rufus?  Never - that boy likes attention.

Seems that my friends at Winnebago are ignoring me.  I've left 2 messages now, no returned phone call.  Our insurance contact sent us a copy of the correspondence between her and the guy who does the scheduling at Winnebago... today, he told her it would be "another two weeks" for the repairs.  If they would call me back, I would like to confirm that.

We were originally told "2 weeks" when we dropped the motorhome off with them on December 10th.  Then, it moved out to January 3rd.  Then, January 10th.  IF it would be done on the 10th, we can still (just barely) make it to our first reservation in Arizona.  After that, the dominoes will begin to fall.

Winnebago has been good to work with on all our past dealings - this "radio silence" from them is something new.  Yes, I know the world is a different place these days.  I'm old fashioned enough to believe that when you give your word to a customer, you meet that obligation.  And, if circumstances mean you aren't going to be able to live up to your word, you contact that customer right away and keep them in the loop.

Ah, the good ol' days.

 

2 comments:

BiloxiBeau said...

The Times They Are a-Changin'.

If you said a song written by Bob Dylan, you get 50 points.

If you also said that the song was also the name of his 1964 album you get a bonus of another 50 points.


Jim, I couldn’t resist my friend.

Cbrat Bob

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

LOL - Unfortunately, you can't hear my Bob Dylan impersonation with the written word. Thanks for the chuckle, Bob. And, yes, the times are a-changing. My past dealings with Winnebago have all been positive; never run into the "no one calls you back" situation before. Not my intent to hound them - I would just appreciate a completion date that they can stick to... and a call back after leaving several messages doesn't seem like too much to ask. Ah, the times.