Thursday, January 6, 2022

If I had a job...

 

I'd be going back to it this morning.  Two winners in the Powerball drawing last night, neither of which was me.  Not a single number.  What are the odds of that?  According to my past history: pretty good.  ;-)

So, back to my job as trophy husband.  It's a lot more work than most people think.

 --------

I heard from Winnebago today - indirectly, as they were responding to an e-mail from our Progressive Insurance rep, and she was inquiring as to why they weren't keeping me in the loop.  Not sure if it was actual concern for us, or if she wanted something in writing to say this hold-up wasn't Progressive's fault, but it got the Winnebago guy off his dead ass.  Seems that his "filling in" for the customer service rep who is our Winnebago guy, who happens "to be on vacation this week."  He had several vague excuses, but no reason why they weren't keeping us informed.  Since he seems to not answer his phone (the lady from Progressive has the same issue with this guy, but said he generally responds to e-mail), I sent him an e-mail, outlining the problem, being very specific with "dates given to us by Winnebago as our completion date" that have come and gone.  I also wanted to confirm that other repairs we had asked for (not insurance related) were being taken care of.

He responded with another excuse or two and the promise that they will be more forthcoming on keeping us informed.  We'll see how that plays out.  I have sent him two other e-mails today, with no response.

--------

Joan figured I'd need a decent lunch out and some time away - we drove into Harlingen to get some food for Rufus, pick up a few things for us, and lunch out.  Lasagna for me, chicken parm for her - a nice change of pace.

Back in time to get a very pleasant scooter ride in - mid-70s, sunny, a light breeze.  I think the ride was better for my blood pressure than lunch out.  Well, that and some Rufus time.  :-)


No comments: