Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Quiz...

 

A pop quiz?  Did you study?  In this morning's e-mail, I received my weekly Adventure Rider newsletter.  It's the forum I participate on... the scooter section (Battle Scooters) is a very small part of a much bigger forum.  Today's newsletter had one article that caught my eye: "Quiz / Could You Pass The MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) Motorcycle Operator Manual Test?"  It's like the written test you have to take to get a motorcycle license.  In most states, if you take an MSF course, you can use the certificate from that to get your license; no further testing.

Back in the olden days (when I was in college), I did a research project on how much the average driver knows about riding a motorcycle... it was a survey circulated through the college mail boxes, then assembled and reviewed.  The result: most car drivers don't know jack about riding a motorcycle... which also translates to those drivers being an increased danger to motorcycle riders.  Yes, even back in those days I was an enthusiast.

So, I took the test.  Not to brag, but I got 100%.  After 54 years of riding, I should have accumulated some knowledge.

How about you?  Could you pass the test?

https://www.advrider.com/could-you-pass-the-msf-motorcycle-operator-manual-test/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=01_18_2022

See you out on the road.  I need to get a good ride in today - another cold front (this one is supposed to be stronger) will be blowing in overnight tonight.

--------

I got out on both bikes.  The wind is building, blowing about 20 out of the south.  That makes it a crosswind as you ride across the causeway... you notice that.  A good ride on each of the bikes, though.  When I got back from riding the Vespa, I was feeling the need for a bit more... what the heck, I'm already "suited up" so it's easy to roll one in and the other out and go for another ride.  And when I say "suited up," I wasn't wearing the one piece suit today; warmish and humid, I went with the light colored mesh pants with armor and a mesh jacket.  I'm feeling I have all the weather I'd care to ride in covered different gear options.  Joan's Xmax is a fun ride, as well.

More on the anticipated cold front: this one will be the strongest norther so far this season.  The weasels are calling for wind out of the north at 20 to 30 mph, gusting to 40.  Temps dropping overnight into the 30s, daytime high in the low 40s.  That is considered winter weather around here.  By comparison, it is 78º this afternoon.


No comments: