Sunday, January 30, 2022

Memories...

 

If you said, "From the song, The Way We Were, by Barbara Streisand, written by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, and Marvin Hamlisch, 1973, made famous in the movie of the same name," you get 20 bonus points, mostly for that run-on sentence.

As families are wont to do when gathering, we looked through some photos while here at John's.  Some, I haven't seen for decades.  Hope you can indulge me on this look back; my sisters, my Mother, and little ol' me...


 That's Connie on the left, Joan on the right.  Joan and I were very close; she was certainly an important part of my upbringing.  Joan and Connie...

They were 11 months apart.  And then I came along almost 13 years later.

A photo of Joan in her later years, with Nikki the cat...


And this photo that makes me remember my sister as the fashion plate she was back in the 70s...


I often joke about being poor and having to wear hand-me-downs.  I did not look that good in hot pants and go-go boots.  (rimshot)

We lost my sister Joan in 2006.  I miss her terribly.  John worshipped her.  I wish they could have had these "golden years" together.  I don't take for granted the years my Joan and I get to share.



No comments: