Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year...

 

Happy New Year!  Good-bye, 2021; not going to miss you.  2022 looks to be more of the same at this point.  Not being maudlin, just an observation. 

That's the thing about "the new year": it holds the hope for better things to come.  Come on, 2022 - we're all counting on you.

Speaking of the new year: I know I mentioned the Rufus desk calendar in a post last week.  I have really enjoyed looking at those "then and now" photos on the cover...


It has been hard for me to give up the cover photos: the one on the left is what Rufus looked like when we first saw him; the image on the right is one of his current "glamour shots." If not for the cool ear, it might be hard to believe this is the same cat. The boy has definitely blossomed. In that image on the left, he looks like, "Please, take me home!" That is a confident boy on the right.
 
Yes, eventually, I am going to have to flip that cover over to show the January page.
 
 

No comments: