Wednesday, January 26, 2022

One more check...

 

You mean like "the check's in the mail"?  No.  There was one more thing I was looking to try on the scoot... we haven't ridden together since I received the molded earplugs; I wanted to see if our helmet communicators would be functional with those earplugs in.

Now, for full disclosure, I could have done that by putting the earplugs in, putting on the helmet, turning on the communicator, and linking it to some music.  But, where's the fun in that?  This was an excuse for getting out for one more ride before we head to the frozen northland.  Plus, a "bonus weather day" today: the weasels were calling for precip today; I woke up to some lovely sunshine.  Got out on my bicycle.  Took Rufus for a walk.  Then decided to take Joan's Xmax out for this "sound check."

I probably ride 5 days out of 7 if the weather is cooperative.  Joan saves her riding for when we are in places where the riding is more fun.  I get that.  But, I do try to ride her bike once in a while... I'm thoughtful that way.  Considering the weather forecast from last night, I didn't think I'd get another ride in.

Cool (63º) and mostly sunny when I headed out on the Xmax.  A good outing, and the Xmax is fun to ride.  I could hear the sound from the communicator just fine (put on a YouTube video so it would be "talking").  When we're ready to ride together again, there should be no issue.  Joan did get one of the molded earplug kits, but better to do that right before she's ready to use it.  My earplugs made it delightfully quiet, while still being able to hear the ambient sounds around you and the helmet communicator.

We are gathering and planning.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Following your travel to Iowa and now back to S Texas. We are in the midst if that winter storm (central Missouri) This morning there is about 6 inches of snow with ice and sleet under it. At 19 degrees, it isnt going anywhere soon. There are light bands followed by heavier bands of snow until tomorrow night.
The motorhome looks beautiful!
Travel safe!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Unknown (?) - Sorry to hear about your weather. We pushed a bit to get home, but I’m thinking we would have been stranded for a few days had we gone any slower. Glad to be home. Hope Mother Nature cuts you some slack.

Unknown said...

one week later and we are at 57 degrees today! Yippee!
Still a lit if white stuff out there to melt!