Saturday, January 8, 2022

The call back...

 

Yes, the guy from Winnebago did call back late yesterday afternoon.  After they were closed.  When their closing time passed, I figured he just didn't bother once again, but now I think he was waiting until there was no one around to hear even his end of the conversation.

I asked for a date and time, he said I could pick it up (with the fenders and hook replacement not done, since they have no idea when the hood will actually be coming in) next Friday, the 14th.  I said, "Absolutely not - you think you'll turn it over to me right before you close for the weekend?"

He said, "Oh, I understand your concern.  How about Monday the 17th?"  That's Martin Luther King Day.

Again, "Absolutely not.  Thursday, the 13th.  I will stay in your parking area that night, and if there are no issues, I will leave on the 14th, and we won't have to deal with each other again."

"Um, OK, we can do that Thursday."

I said, "Then, why didn't you offer that to me to start with?"  No response; I do not trust this guy one bit.

So, with an actual pick-up date, we can now start prepping to head that way.  Discussions are underway.

 

4 comments:

Earl49 said...

Customer "no service" to be sure. The fenders and hood could be handled by any Ford dealer closer to home. They would not be Winnebago specific.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

True dat, Earl. But, the fenders have trim around the wheel wells and leading down to the running boards that is Winnebago specific. We will have time to consider options.

Jeff Collingwood said...

When you take possession, test everything that is on the roof. When they replace the roof they take everything off. I had NuWa replace my roof. We picked up the trailer and headed out. Then we found out that the lights in the bedroom didn't work and the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom didn't work either. We won't be back in Chanute to have them fix this until May. So no lights in bedroom for 7 months. I understand where you are coming from, as I trust NuWa completely, and even they can make a mistake.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

This will be the plan, Jeff. There is a lot of stuff going on up on the roof. Supposedly, all the "stuff" up there is being replaced, and the roof is built as a unit on their factory assembly line. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any concerns.

I trust Winnebago as a company, but I don't trust the guy who is filling in for our service rep (who is out on vacation).

A change in timing is being formulated on our part right now.