Friday, January 21, 2022

Well, that hurts...

 

Another shot?  No, it's the weather again.  This is "winter" in the Tropical Tip.  It was 34º when I got up this morning before 6:00; the wind is still blowing like stink.  The wind chill is: OMGº.  Intermittent rain.

We didn't leave the house yesterday; too damn cold.  Today is uglier.  Joan informed me that she was going to need to make a trip to the grocery store today... to get some supplies for baking.  Baking?  That's a bright spot.  I suggested picking up some lunch at WingStop while we're out; another bright spot.

At 2:30 in the afternoon, it was still drizzling and the temperature had shot all the way up to 38º.  Wind?  Yeah, still out of the north, still blowing like stink.  The Equinox has heated seats - this is one of those rare times they'll get used.

I was outside from the house to the car, the car to Wally World, Wally World to the car, drive to WingStop, and back out into the weather for about 20 steps to their door.  My fingers are stiff and achy, the fingertips are burning.  Yes, I was wearing gloves.  My blood has definitely thinned.

When we got home, Rufus was at the door, wanting to go outside.  I figured he'd stick his head out there and say, "Oh, hell no!"  I was wrong - he wanted to hang out in that freezing cold.  Until I herded him back to the front door.  Because: my hands are aching and I want to go inside and eat my WingStop.  If I can get my fingers to bend enough to pick up the fries.

It is supposed to get back into the 60s tomorrow.  Still colder than I care for, but I'm hoping to get some feeling back in my fingertips before then.

My guy at Winnebago called today: they will have the motorhome done "sometime next week, probably Thursday"... we're tentatively planning to pick it up on Monday, the 31st.  Weather permitting.  'Cause it's real damn cold up there.

 


No comments: