Monday, March 7, 2022

About time...

 

We got out on the scoots today.  Yes, an actual ride.  No destination, no time frame.  We saw a road that looked interesting, north of Buckeye - it took us to Skyline Regional Park.  The park is new since we were here last, with 8,700 acres at the south end of the White Tank Mountains; hiking trails up into the mountains, camping, a parking area for horse trailers.  Quite striking.

I didn't take any photos while we were riding around, but I did pull out my phone for a few photos when we were stopped...


My scooter babe above, a fuzzy desert scene below...

Looking south, you can see mountains in the distance (but you are in them at this park)...


Off the bikes...


Proof that I was along...


Joan took a selfie...


Back to the RV park, we swapped out the scoots for the Equinox and went out for a late lunch.  While we were eating, I got a call from the guy with the CTX: we planned to meet him at his house at 4:30(ish).  Nice looking bike with very low miles (it is his wife's, and she switched to CanAm (3 wheeler)... she didn't put many miles on it; it looks new, with some accessories added.  One of those added items is a Corbin seat with a backrest... I could tell by looking at it that the backrest would prevent me from getting a leg over the bike.  One painful attempt, and the guy offered to put the stock seat on it for me to try (takes just a few seconds to swap the seats on this bike)... what a difference!  I could easily toss a leg over.

He wasn't allowing a test ride unless he had your money in his hand.  I understand.  I'm interested, but not ready to hand him the price of the bike for a test ride.  We visited a bit, took some measurements (to make sure it will fit in our cargo trailer), and told him I am interested, but need to find out if it will fit in our trailer and how we handle getting a license plate on it, since it will be a while before we get back home.  (If the plate stayed with the bike, this would be easy... but, no.)



We have some thinking to do.  This one is cleaner and fewer miles than the one we looked at last week.  Less $$ and better accessories.  Joan did say last week that there is a reason that one we looked at then didn't pan out.  I have only ever seen photos of this color blue - the photos don't do it justice.  Nice bike.



2 comments:

Bob said...

As the auctioneer said "SOLD"!!! Go for it, the Vespa has let you down with no front fender, a man can only live so long between new toys. But remember, in the interest of marital bliss, Da Blonde gets a new ride also. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Da Blonde gets what da Blonde wants. She wants me to get that bike. ;-)