Sunday, March 13, 2022

Spring forward?

 

Not here in Arizona.  They don't change to Daylight Saving Time.  No clock changing this morning, but we'll go through two time zones when we had back to Texas.  The day still has the same 24 hours... where's the "saving"?

--------

Trying to get a head...

Head-board, that is.  Steph and Dan got a new king size bed (with all the cool adjustments - it can fold you up like a taco, although I don't see the point in that), and she has been considering options for a head-board that will match the bed and their bedroom.  She found what she was looking for - new, still in the box, on Offer Up.  This morning, we drove to where the lady selling it said to meet her.

As a guy who likes to shop on-line and have it sent to our house, meeting at an intersection west of Buckeye felt like we were doing something naughty.  We drove separate, since the cargo area in our car is bigger than either of theirs.  I think the lady selling the head-board was a bit concerned when she pulled up and there were two vehicles there.

That out of the way, Steph did the deal and we loaded the head-board into our Equinox.  I thought we might have to put the front passenger seat down (and have Joan ride back with them), but it fit with no problem.

Back at their house, we did a "test fit," then determined how she wanted it attached: to the wall instead of the bed frame, so it meant a trip to the nearby Ace Hardware to pick up the right size screws and wall mounts.  Since I was doing the work, I suggested that Steph buy lunch.  We stopped at a sandwich shop near them (life in the big city - there is a lot of stuff reasonably nearby), got what Steph promised were "great sandwiches" (they were) and then back to their house.

Then, the drilling.  I did the work, explaining to Steph what I was doing along the way.  Putting the headboard in place, I turned the screwdriver and hammer over to her so she could get some hands-on.  In the end, we all stepped back for a look - it was the last thing needed to pull it all together.  Looks good!

Back to the coach for us, a nap for Joan and Rufus, and a ride for me.  It got up to 80º today - I was able to wear my armored mesh shirt (yes, with another shirt under it), very comfortable.  A nice ride, and I am getting very comfortable with the CTX.

After my ride, I took a few minutes to set up a camera mount on the CTX.  It is about time I did a video (or shot some stills) on this bike

I watched another video (I am surprised that I am still finding videos about this bike that I haven't already seen) this morning, and the guy doing the review of the bike went on and on about "what a dog the bike is in Drive mode."  Easy solution: put it in Sport mode.  His biggest gripe: you can't rev the motor at a stoplight.  What a maroon.  People who ride scooters learn that right away - twist the throttle and you will be moving forward.  Quickly.  I've heard that same complaint in other videos, so apparently these yahoos are listening to each other.  If you have a high end sports car with paddle shifters, you can't rev that at a stop light, either.  Here's a solution: don't rev it.  If you have any car with an automatic transmission, you can't rev that at a stop light.  Well, you could shift it into neutral, rev it, then shift it back into drive... but, you will just look like a dumbass.  Don't rev it.  When you see (and hear) someone revving their bike, know that there is no reason for that, other than an attempt to get people to look at how cool you are... or show them what a dipshit you are.  If your bike is running so bad that you need to keep twisting the throttle while at a stop to keep it running, you need to fix your bike.



No comments: