Tuesday, March 15, 2022

First 360 Video with the Honda CTX

 

Joan and Steph had appointments at Steph's hairdresser this morning.  It gave me the opportunity to get out on the CTX and shoot some 360 video.  The preview photo...


 I didn't have the opportunity to download and edit the video and add audio to it until this evening.  Joan and I spent a good portion of the afternoon getting the battery replaced in her iPhone.  After a couple frustrating phone calls, using the phone number for the Apple Store in the Arrowhead Mall - and getting switched to Apple's Help (??) Center, I finally hung up and made an appointment at that store online.  Seems you can't actually call into the store... I wanted to find out how much and how long it would take.

The how much part was only $49 + tax; not out of line.  The how long part drug on and on.  We were there early (after receiving two e-mail reminders about this appointment - which I made just a few hours ago)... they can't take you early.  So, we wandered around the mall... first time either of us have been in a mall in over two years.  Joan took the opportunity to do a little shopping.  I walked and carried stuff.

Back to the Apple Store at the appointment time, a "Genius" who had to run all the diagnostics that we had already done to determine that the phone did, indeed, need a new battery.  He told us it would take an hour and 15 minutes.  Interestingly enough: they can send you multiple notices to remind you of your appointment, but they can't send you a text when the work is done.

We went back at the time we were told, and... the phone wasn't done.  The explanation: "Um, something didn't work with that battery, so they are putting in another one - it will be another 45 minutes."  We were tired of walking and shopping, so we went back to our car and shopped for me... at a cookie store a few blocks away.  We enjoyed our treat, then meandered our way back to the mall.  I got to wait in the car while Joan went in to pick up her phone.  It took longer that either of us thought, because they had me listed as the one who dropped off the phone (I made the appointment) and they didn't want to release the phone to Joan.  Yes, her phone.

I was less than impressed with this particular Apple experience.

Back to the video... I was working on uploading the video while typing the above, so here is the latest "2 wheel video" featuring the CTX...


(YouTube was slow on the uptake while loading this video, so started on 3/14, finished on 3/15... beware the Ides of March?)

No comments: