Monday, March 28, 2022

I need to see your ID

 

The redneck joke is: "Do you have any ID?"

Redneck responds, "About what?"  (rimshot)

I needed to get some Loctite for the bolts holding the floorboards - don't want to have those fly off while I'm rolling down the road.  Walmart (several) didn't have it.  ACE Hardware didn't have the kind I was looking for (thread-locking).  Lowe's had it... it was in a locked cabinet.  When the Lowe's guy said he'd need to see ID, I thought he just wanted to make sure I am an adult.  Nope - he needed to write down my name and address, and I had to sign for a .2 fluid ounce tube of Loctite.  Yes, really.

                                              

Are people getting high on this stuff? Liability issues with people gluing their nostrils shut?

The world is a crazy (and by that, I mean: stupid) place.

On a totally unrelated issue, does anyone know how to get Loctite Blue off a mustache and nose hairs?  Asking for a friend.

Yes, I'm kidding.  Only about the nose hairs.  I really had to show ID and sign for Loctite.  People suck.

--------

Mother Nature is going to be ugly this evening, with gusty winds, Blowing Dust Advisories, and a chance of rain... which will translate to blowing mud.

I got out on the bicycle and the motorcycle this morning.  I knew what was coming with the weather predictions, so that was my "riding window."  The Xmax and Vespa are snug in their portable garage; the Honda has to sleep outside, under its cover.  Chairs are folded up and laid down.  IF it comes to that, we'll be ready to pull the slides in.

The weasels are calling for "winter-like weather" tomorrow, with a high of only 69º... and a 55% chance of precip.  I hope it rains enough to wash off the blowing dirt.  Back to 80º and sunshine on Wednesday.  Maybe.



No comments: