Wednesday, March 9, 2022

I believe in music...

 

If you said, "Mac Davis, 1971," you get 10 bonus points.  Today was making-music day with my buddy Mark and a couple of his friends.

Before heading to Mark's house, I did get out on the CTX this morning.  50º, so it gave me the opportunity to see what the wind protection is like with the fairing on that bike.  Got a bit chilly from the knees down.  I ran the bike in Drive mode - some call that Economy mode... it is definitely more sedate than in Sport mode.  The bike had already shifted into 3rd gear by the time I got across the intersection... doing what it could to keep the revs low.  I don't think I'll be using that mode very often, because Sport mode is a lot more fun. 

Back home, showered, and headed for Mark's.  This was a bit of a discovery day: the four of us hadn't played together before, so there was a lot of "Do you know this song?" questions.  Mark had sent us some song tabs to put on our iPads, but mine iPad Pro decided to be persnickity (and how often do you get to use that word?).  We made it work, but I'm sure it will be better next time we get together.  Still, a fun afternoon of playing and singing.  It has been two years since I've had the opportunity to make music with anyone else in person (Mark and I have done several music videos during that time).

Loop 303 was mostly light on traffic when we were here last - not the case anymore.  It is just as busy as I-10, and there are houses and apartments going up all over this west end of the Valley.

 


No comments: