Thursday, March 24, 2022

Priorities...

 

Heck with motorcycles, scooters, and music gear - how's the big furry boy doing?  Thanks for asking.  He is better, but not back to his normal self.  He had a tough day yesterday, not the chow hound we're used to.  Fortunately, no more barfing after the multiple episodes in the morning.

Some time during the night, he apparently fell off the bed.  That isn't good.  Joan stayed up most of the night to keep an eye on him.  This morning, he slid up next to me, purring and looking for our morning snuggle routine.  That's a good sign.

He ate most of his morning food, went back to snuggle with Joan, and is now sitting by me as I write this.  Yesterday, he mostly laid on his favorite scratcher toy, obviously lethargic.  Today, he is getting back to his normal self; certainly not 100%, but definitely better.  Not "bright-eyed," yet, but not lethargic.

Those with fur babies understand that we know when they aren't feeling well.  This boy is normally joyful in how he interacts with us, so when he wants to just lay by himself, we know something isn't right.  Rufus is family.

--------

The Vespa is nearly done.  I wasn't aware that the parts from AF1 Racing did not include the little "connections" to actually attach the stuff (reflectors, nose trim piece) on the fender.  This Vespa dealer didn't have them in stock, but says their other store has them - I offered to drive to Scottsdale to get them, but they have other stuff coming in the morning.  So, maybe tomorrow.  Or, Saturday.  On the bright side: the fender is on the Vespa and it looks good again!

I have decided to put the Vespa up for sale.  When I get it back, I will get some photos and see if there is any interest in it on Craigslist or OfferUp.  Yes, the CTX is turning out to be all I hoped for.  I have been a "scooter guy" for 9 years... I guess I am still a shared owner of the Xmax.  We'll see how it plays out.



No comments: