Friday, March 25, 2022

The boy is better...

 

Rufus is pretty much back to his old self this morning - he was ready for his breakfast and wanted to go for a walk afterwards.  We kept the walk short, but it was good to get out before the heat of the day... it is going to be in the 90s here in the Valley of the Sun today.

I got out for my morning bicycle ride, then too the CTX for a ride.  Joan thinks it "clears my head," but I wasn't feeling in need of any clearing, just wanted to get out in the breeze.  Today, I stopped to take a few photos...



 I have come to appreciate the look of the CTX... and the heft.  It feels solid and planted when going down the road.  Ruf is better, I got out for a ride - this boy is better, too.

 --------

Steph and Dan came over to our site when they got off work - a short visit before they had to head home, but it was nice to get to see them.  We sat out on our patio, and Rufus joined us out there.  After sitting on Steph's lap for a while, Ruf wanted to get down.  He wasn't on his leash, so Steph asked if it was OK to let him down.

"Sure - he won't go anywhere."  Just like I said, he sat on the welcome mat by the door, just enjoying looking around.  Right before Steph and Dan left, I said to Rufus, "Are you ready to go home?"  He hopped up on the step, facing the door... the boy knows "home."

Looking at his eyes, I think he is feeling fine again.  He was social while we had company, then he and I went for a short walk later.  He's a good boy.

 

No comments: