Sunday, April 10, 2022

Fire it up!

 

The griddle.  Steph and Dan made us breakfast on the griddle once again...


 If I'm being honest (and I am), it was better than the Italian restaurant breakfast.  I watched once again, asked questions, and clarified some things.  I have been entertaining myself with griddle cooking YouTube videos, so this all makes sense now.  Yes, I am ready to go with our griddle, but I'm hesitant about greasing it all up before we need to pack it up to head home (which is coming soon).

Later this afternoon, it will be Dan and me making cheesesteak sandwiches on the griddle.  I am ready for it.  Steph says I am ready, because most of the griddling videos are done by guys with beards.  ;-)

--------

Raising the shield...

Star Trek reference?  No.  While out on the bikes, Joan said she thinks she might be ready for me to raise the windshield on her Xmax.  It has been a while since I moved it for her, but I recalled it was only 4 hex bolts.  Obviously not "total recall" (Arnold Schwarzenegger movie reference) on my part... yes, 4 hex bolts on the windshield itself, 2 more on the trim pieces, and 4 more "place holder" bolts that need to be moved.  I did it in the cargo trailer, out of the blazing sun.  I considered going for a motorcycle ride this afternoon, but that short walk from the motorhome to the cargo trailer was enough to change my mind.

When it is cooler, Joan will have to take her scoot out for a ride to see if she is OK with this windshield position.  If not, I'll put it back.  But, I think it will make for a quieter ride for her.  When I ride her bike, the wind coming over the windshield hit me about nose height, making for a lot of wind noise.  She is shorter through the torso than I am, so this should be the wind flow at the top of her helmet.  We'll see.

--------

I am the Griddlemeister!

Back over to Steph and Dan's for cheesesteaks made on the griddle.  Steph bought some good looking ribeye, thinly sliced.  This time, it was Dan and me on the griddle...



 We had just started in those photos above, and Steph was busy in the kitchen making home-made potato chips, so she didn't get any photos of the meat as Dan and I scooped it onto a perfectly grilled loaf of French bread.  The slice up result looked like this...


And, the chips Steph made...


The sandwiches were well-received.  I would like to take all the credit for that, but the ribeye meat was tasty.  Dan and I worked together, him doing his griddling with peppers and onions for them, me doing mushrooms and tomatoes for Joan and me.

After dinner entertainment was provided by 2 of their 3 cats: Tasha and Tango being particularly sweet...



Tasha is the big beautiful girl on the right; Tango (Tang... orange... get it?) is the little guy on the left.

A nice evening.


 

2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Tango looks like a miniature version of our Duke, who is the size of Tasha. Mommy gets home tonight, and then all will be right with the world once again, at one person per cat. Right now I am outnumbered.

Duke is going crazy this morning but it is wet, cold, and windy out. I could put him in his vest and try going out on the back porch, but he will just turn around and go right back inside. He is a fair weather cat. The weather guessers are even using the "s" word for the next couple of days with 2-4" of accumulation possible. Here in the valley floor it will likely just be rain, and we need all the moisture we can get.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - by the time I saw your comment, Alice should be home... I'm guessing all 4 of you are happy about that. Time to enjoy that people:feline equilibrium.

Tango is a little guy compared to the other two big Siberian Forest Cats... I don't think he knows that; what a great personality!

Welcome home, Alice!