Thursday, April 7, 2022

SOLD!

 

I have had the Vespa listed on Craigslist, Offer Up, Facebook Marketplace, and some motorcycle forums.  The first guy to look at it bought it.  He owned a Vespa in the past, so he knew what to expect.  The transition went smooth.

I let him know that he could take it for a "test ride" after signing the Bill of Sale and giving me the cash; we wouldn't do the paperwork on the title until he came back from the test ride.  I told him, "If you drop it or screw up the bike, you own it.  If you bring it back just the way you took it and aren't happy with it, I'll tear up the Bill of Sale and give you your money back.  If all is good for you, we will do the paperwork on the title."  He was good with that.

I knew the bike was in great shape and I could see in his eyes that he wanted it as soon as he saw it.  We went over the bike from front to back - I explained things, asked and answered questions.  In the end, I shook his hand and told him to "ride safe."

This is the end of my Vespa era (for now), but there is plenty of riding ahead.  Plus, I am the co-owner of a great Yamaha Xmax 300 scoot... so I am still a scooter guy.

I will miss that lovely scooter, but this is one less thing to deal with in the tow back to Texas that we will be doing in a couple weeks.  The trailer will hold two bikes... until an hour ago, we had three.  And now, back to two bikes again.  Sometime next week (it is supposed to cool down from the 90s by then), I will have to do some work on the trailer to get it set up for the CTX - it is physically a much larger bike than the Vespa, and I will need to move the ride-on chock and add a couple more tie-down D-rings.

And the beat goes on.

A photo with the Vespa, the new owner (on the right), his friend (who is driving his car back), and little ol' me...


 

 

No comments: