Sunday, April 3, 2022

When's my turn?

 

Breakfast on the griddle again this morning.  Not my griddle; not me doing the cooking.  That is different from "not my monkeys, not my circus."

I sat back (well, stood back) and watched Steph and Dan (and Joan) do the cooking.  Dan answered my questions.


 Breakfast was tasty - French toast and bacon.

When we were ready to head back to the motorhome, Joan reminded me that I have a box that was delivered yesterday... from T-Rex Racing, it is the center stand for my CTX.  I plan to put it on tomorrow, in the shade of Steph and Dan's garage... 'cause it's gonna be another hot one.  I pulled the spring out of the package - it's used to pull the center stand up when you roll off of it... it seems to be the tough part of the install (there's always a tough part).  I pulled on the spring, trying to stretch it - it didn't move.  Yep, that will be the tough part.

Tango (the little orange boy) liked the box the center stand came in...


--------

Back to Steph and Dan's place this afternoon, and it was my turn to be the griddle guy.  We said we'd make smash burgers for us, and it was my first "solo"... well, everyone still had a hand in it.

Started off with bacon and onions...


Then, on to the burgers - my first shot at smashing them...



It does give the burger a different texture, making it a bit crispier.  I had a tool just for smashing, and it worked great.  Then, toasting the buns and adding the cheese...


Joan made the baked beans, with bacon she made this morning, Steph added her home-made mac & cheese.  A tasty supper.

We took Rufus with us this afternoon.  Steph put her cats in their bedroom, so Ruf didn't have to get face-to-face with any other cats.  Still, he was on high alert the whole time.  He spent some time with us outside while I was at the griddle - off leash, he is not a flight risk; besides, they have tall concrete block walls all around their back yard.  He didn't eat his supper until the ride home.  And once back to the motorhome, he hopped out of the car and walked right to the door of the coach.  "Good to be home," he said.

--------

I looked through the center stand for the CTX that was delivered last night... looks reasonably straight forward.  Install is supposed to take a half hour or so - I will plan for several hours, since I understand the spring that needs to be set on that stand can be tough to stretch and install.


No comments: