Sunday, April 17, 2022

Ya know how they say:

 

"It isn't the heat, it's the humidity"?  Yeah, it's the heat, too.  And this dry air (it is 8% humidity currently, 93º) with even a bit of breeze just sucks the moisture right out of you.

We started our morning off with breakfast at Steph and Dan's.  I got to be the griddlemeister (scrambled eggs with ham, bacon on the side) and Dan made caramel rolls.  A fine breakfast, if I do say so myself... and I do.  It's no secret that I consider bacon one of the four basic food groups, and we have been enjoying some thick sliced pig on the griddle since we've been here.

Back to the motorhome shortly after noon - yes, during the heat of the day - and we started the process.  The CTX and Xmax are strapped down.  Tires all around (and we have plenty of tires) have been checked and aired-up as necessary.  With the CTX being significantly longer than the Vespa, I lost my spot up front where we were able to put the e-bike in its folded position.  But, it fits fine in the Equinox.  On the way over, the Equinox wasn't a pack mule... adding a griddle, enough griddle supplies that take up as much space as the griddle, a large e-bike, and various other things, the SUV is loaded.  Other things are packed in the cargo trailer.  The process to sanitize the fresh water tank is underway.

Tomorrow morning, before the heat of the day, I hope to get my exercise by washing the coach instead of riding my bike.  The forecast is still for hot and windy, so I've been putting off washing, hoping to not have to travel with a dirty rig.

We'll have supper this evening with Steph and Dan - Joan is going to show Steph how she makes steak tips, so I get the evening off from the griddle.  We'll also get to sample the bundt cake Joan made yesterday and will frost this evening.

Definitely in the short-timer category.  I have my head in it.  Tuesday, maybe.

Happy Easter wishes!  For many it is a time of religious significance.  For others, it is the sign that spring is really here.  (Feels like summer here, but the local weather weasels are giving odds on the "first day it will hit triple digits.")  Right now, it feels good to be inside the air conditioned motorhome, before we head to the kids' place.


No comments: