Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Kaboom!

 

Nothing to do with the shower, tub, and tile cleaner.

Thunderstorms were predicted overnight and all day today.  I heard the pitter-patter of rain during the night, but nothing heavy.  Then, around 5:30 am - Kaboom!  A lightning hit that sounded and felt close!  I tried to get back to sleep, but Rufus got right up by my face, wanting some reassurance that everything is OK... I rubbed his neck and he was soon purring away.

I got up around 6:00 and turned on the TV to get some local news... flash flood warnings in Brownsville.  Power outages around the area.  All good here.  Apparently, we had a couple inches of rain overnight.  I say "apparently" because we can't see out... yet; the hurricane shutters are all down still.  We must have had a lot of blowing dirt while we were gone - the siding and shutters have a layer of dirt on them, and I don't like to roll them up until they're clean.  That was on the to-do list for today.

I went outside to look around the house - yep, it's raining.  Mother Nature did some of the work for us, rinsing off the shutters on three sides of the house.  The deck off the back of the house is covered, so those windows and the 3-panel glass doors are still dry and grubby.  I came back in and rolled up shutters that had been rinsed.  The main ones off our living room will have to wait.  But, at least now we can see outside.

69º and rain.  Still lightning in the area.  Back inside, Al Roker on the Today Show is talking about the rain and lightning in Brownsville, with more of the same lasting throughout the day.  Welcome home.


Sitting together this morning, I have a big furry "cat pillow" to rest my head...


--------

A bit later, I was trying out some of my guitars.  Rufus came running...

"This one doesn't sound right,"... Rufus prefers acoustic guitar.



Joan went out when the rain let up a little and cleaned off the deck, including the hurricane shutters.  I rolled them up - we have nice natural light in the living room again.

Later, when the rain quit, we set up the new griddle...


No, we didn't fire it up - there are leftovers that need to get eaten.  But, tomorrow there will be griddling!


No comments: