Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Get out early...

 

Time off for good behavior?  No.  Mother Nature flipped the switch and it seems that summer is here early in the Valley of the Sun: daytime highs will be into the 90s all week.  For those of us who like to get out on two wheels, that means getting out before the heat of the day if you want a pleasant ride.

I got out on my bicycle around 7:30 this morning, then out on the motorcycle before 9:00.  It was in the 70s while on the CTX and quite lovely.  I was geared up with boots, riding jeans (armored) and a mesh shirt with armor.  And, of course, a helmet and gloves.  Even in "the dry heat" of Arizona, when it gets into the 90s, you really feel it when out on two wheels... the heat and the wind suck the moisture right out of you, so you have to stay hydrated.

This is not the time for an all day motorcycle outing.

When I got back this morning, I put the CTX up on its new center stand and cleaned and lubed the chain.  Easy.  Especially under the shade of the awning.  I was experimenting with the best way to pop the bike up on the center stand... when our new neighbor saw that, he felt the need to tell me how to do it.  I said, "I have been riding motorcycles for 55 years - I'm just seeing what works best.  Thanks, but I've got this."  A whippersnapper in his 50s... I've got scar tissue older than him.  ;-)  


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

"I've got scar tissue older than him". A great quote.

We're all doing fine here. Duke misses Alice but we are getting along OK. It can be a bit of cat juggling keeping everyone separated. Duke still wants to charge Lucy when outdoors, but firm tugs on the leash held him back. It was cold and rainy yesterday so neither of them wanted to be out for long. Today it is quite windy and sunny but they felt cooped up, so they braved the outdoors. I had my wind fleece on too.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - Good to hear that the 3 of you are doing OK while Alice is enjoying her time in Hawaii. Won't be long and you'll be back to "2 on 2." Aloha!