Monday, January 23, 2023

Box 'em up...

 

The guitars that are making this trip with us need to be in boxes, for any potential out-of-state buyers.  It just so happens that I have a few guitar boxes.  In our storage unit...


 I saved the packing material, so each guitar went into the box just they way they came to us.  And are carefully wrapped and packed.  They have a long ride ahead of them.

We took the cargo trailer (with the bikes and some music gear also packed) out to the storage unit...

As we've done the last few trips, we'll be leaving from the storage unit with the motorhome - good to get the cargo trailer out there and pack a few more things in it.

We did some work around the motorhome: I put some water onboard and started the tank sanitizing; exercised the generator; packed some stuff in the rear storage area; played repair guy and replaced a strut on a cabinet door (they give out on occasion); and played exterminator and sprayed around the unit.  Joan packed stuff, dug out the guitar boxes, swept out the storage unit, and took the load off my back by checking and inflating tires...

She got a battery operated compressor that kicks butt on every inflater/compressor we've owned, including the kind with a storage tank.  I am impressed with how it handles the motorhome tires (80psi) without breaking a sweat.  Last time I had to to the tire duty, the portable compressor was 5 times the weight and size, 10 times louder, and it took two days to get the job done, because it needed to be recharged halfway through.  This thing blasted through the job (all 6 tires) in minutes and still had over half left on the battery.

Another trip or two to the motorhome in the next couple days; we'll work it in around a doctor's appointment I have.  For the record, my blood sugar, A1C, and other tests put me in the normal category.  "Normal"... I don't hear that a lot.  But, I have my Honey to thank for all the work she's put into making and shopping for food that is good for us.  And, she makes it taste good.




No comments: