Thursday, January 5, 2023

Chamber of Commerce Days...

 

No, it's not an event here.  It is the term I use to describe our weather... those lovely days with a light breeze, temps in the low 70s, bright blue sky, and sunshine.  It's the kind of day the local Chambers of Commerce like to brag about in January, when our average daytime high is around 70º.  In reality, it isn't a daily occurrence.  The northers blow in and it is cold and windy.  The prevailing southeast winds come in and warm things up, often with wind off the Gulf.

Today, is one of those "Chamber of Commerce" days - all the necessary ingredients, and featuring light wind.  It was a cool start to the day - I wore a light jacket when I went for my morning bicycle ride.  A delightful motorcycle ride, with no stupid driver tricks.

When I got back, Joan had all the prep work done for me to make our usual 1/1/1/1 breakfast on the griddle.  I have come to enjoy doing the cooking, which is a big change of attitude for me.  We ate out on our deck, where Rufus gets to be outside, no leash necessary.

A lovely day.

And speaking of my furry boy, he and I had a nice long walk around sunset last night.  Here's a look at the last sunrays on some palm trees, with the rising nearly full moon in the background...


Not a bad capture for an iPhone image.  No, I did not "over-saturate" the trees - that's the last bit of sun lighting them up from a low angle.


No comments: