Wednesday, January 4, 2023

That's a wrap...

 

"You're making a meal with a tortilla?" you ask.  Sometimes, but not today.  The "holiday season" is officially over; we took down the outside lights, took down the Christmas tree.  I admit it: I really like the lights and the decorations.  The outside lights are on a timer, I tell Alexa to "turn on the tree" - it really is no work once they are up.

It is a lovely day today - some breeze, sunny, temp in the low 70s, reasonably low humidity; it was a good day to take down the outside lights.  Joan gave me a hand with this task, so it went pretty quick with the two of us working on it.  I take my time with the tree, being careful with each of the "fancy ornaments" that have a sentimental meaning for us.  Joan went through the rest of the house, taking down other decorations and then the annual "I think that's everything" and we discover one more thing that needed to be put away with the Christmas stuff... I think we got it all this time.

No photos - what should I do: take a photo of where the lights used to be?  ;-)  While Joan packed away the Christmas stuff, I washed the car.  Nothing "ceremonial" about this - we are back to being the 3 of us.  It has been nearly a week since we watched any Hallmark Christmas movie... yep, I'd say that's a wrap.


No comments: