Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Music soothes the savage beast...

 

If you said, "William Congreve, 1697," you get 1,000 bonus points.  If you said, "The actual quote is"

'Music has charms to soothe a savage breast;' and that famous line was uttered by a character in William Congreve's 1697 play The Mourning Bride," you get another 1,500 bonus points.

If you said, "He said, 'Breast,' heh, heh," you are a moron and lose all the bonus points you've accumulated in this lifetime.

A good day here in the Tropical Tip: breezy, mostly cloudy, but 79º.  I got out on my bicycle, took Ruf for a short walk (the short part was his idea), then went out on my motorcycle.  When I got back, I made a late breakfast (yes, the 1/1/1/1), then went into my music room.  Joan and Rufus came in, and he got brushed while I provided the entertainment (some might say: "diversion."  But, he was definitely soothed.

With the brushing done, he came and sat by my feet for the rest of the concert...


A crop to better show the furry boy...


For those keeping track, that is my Taylor 652 CE WHB Builder's Edition I'm playing.  Yes, I still play wood guitars... especially this one.  Guitar and mic run into a Bose S1 Pro; that's the small amp/PA I'll be taking to Mark's when we're in Arizona.

Our time here is getting short - down to single digit days before we head west.

Rufus likes the music... because he is such a good boy!  ;-)


No comments: