Monday, May 8, 2023

Feels like...

 

I had to look this up - I assumed there was some song titled "Feels Like," but nothing came to mind immediately.  So, if you said, "Gracie Abrams, 2021," you get 10 bonus points for knowing how to use Google.

Here in the Tropical Tip, "feels like" gets used in place of "heat index" to let you know what to expect for temperature.  When I took off this morning for a motorcycle ride, it was 79º, humidity was 88% and the "feels like" temperature was 87º.  Could also be called "The Swamp Ass Index," if you want to be more colorfully descriptive.  It wasn't too bad, and I didn't get caught by the bridge coming and going like what happened yesterday.  I was moving the whole time except for a gas stop.


I struggled yesterday, getting the Grip Puppies off the handlebar grips.  I've had them on since last year... they are like a firm foam sleeve that goes over the grips, making the grips have a larger diameter.  The CTX has, what seems to me, a narrower than normal grip diameter.  I guess I thought I wanted to try it stock again, and spent the better part of 20 minutes pulling those grip sleeves off.  One ride today, and it showed me that the grips are more comfortable with the Grip Puppies on.  Yes, there will be the same struggle to get them back on again.

It was quiet again for traffic.  All the weekend folks went home.  As busy as it was yesterday, no one pulled out in front of me or tried to take me off the road... except for one guy on a bicycle: he was riding in the bike lane, but decided to ride diagonally across the street, without turning his head to look.  Fortunately, the CTX is nimble.  And my reflexes are still decent.  I didn't even break a sweat... well, except for the humidity.


No comments: