Friday, May 12, 2023

Get it in while you can...

 

I got a morning motorcycle ride in today.  No, that's not unusual.  (20 bonus points, if you said, "Tom Jones, 1965," but, I digress.)  The late spring weather is moving in...


 That's from the Weather Channel site, starting at 1:00 am tonight.  All day Saturday.  More of the same on Sunday.  In fact, the weather weasels are calling for a chance of scattered thunderstorms through next Thursday.

This island boy needs sunshine, which we are currently experiencing.  But, the rain is coming.

My ride today took me past the Convention Center on SPI... yeah, the place that lost over half their roof in that last storm.  The road into the grounds of the CC is open again, and there is a crew working up on the roof.  I'm not sure how they can go about closing up something that big to protect the interior from these forecast rains.

Yes, I did get to drive by my favorite mural...


From what I could see, it was unscathed.  (that is a file photo from one year ago, btw)

Warm and humid today.  That has the potential to fuel these upcoming storms.  By late afternoon, the flag will come in, rugs will get picked up, and if we had hatches, they'd be getting battened down.


No comments: