Friday, September 8, 2023

Keep Packin', Packin', Packin'...

 

Though my back is crackin'... Pack up all that craaap... Move on.  (Sung to the tune of Rawhide.)

We are leaving Sunday morning.  It really does take a couple days to pack for the long haul after being down for a couple months.  The weather weasels were calling for rain tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday.  With that in mind, we went after it today, to get as much done as makes sense.  The CTX and Xmax are in their chocks and tied down in the cargo trailer, all the patio stuff (including the griddle and table for it) have been scrubbed and packed, the e-bike has been charged up, folded up, and put in the Equinox; all the misc patio stuff is put away.  The fresh water tank is in the process of being sanitized.

That leaves grocery shopping, checking tires and fluids on vehicles for tomorrow.  We'll do one last dump of the holding tanks, top off fresh water, then put away hoses.  Hook the trailer up to the coach.

And now the weather weasels have moved the rain back to Saturday night and all day Sunday.  I don't much like driving in the rain, mostly because it makes a grubby mess out of the motorhome exterior.    On the bright side, all we'll have to do on Sunday morning is unhook electric and cable TV and we can roll.

That's the plan.  We'll see how the execution plays out, but we got most of the packing up done today.

What's that?  Yes, I already miss riding my motorcycle on these great roads.  I do have plenty of ride video to keep me occupied... if I need something to keep me occupied.  It's a long drive home, and then the last of the packing for our move.  It may be a while before I get to do anything with that video.

--------

Well, shit.  I guess Mother Nature heard we're getting ready to head out.  Yep, it hailed.  I guess I should say it is hailing.  9:30 to 10:00 pm or so.  Pea to marble size, again.  Again.  It happened fast - we didn't get the slides pulled in before the rain and hail hit.  We've been through this a couple times this summer, with no damage.  We won't know until tomorrow where I can check it out in the light.  So, that's fun.


 

2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Seems like mother nature is taking one last spiteful swipe at your rig -- hope it is all OK in daylight today. I can see why Joan might be reluctant to stay in SD again next summer, no matter how nice the riding is.

There is good riding in other states too, although in AZ you'll have to be an early bird while it is still "cool" outside. The road north through Jerome and Sedona through Oak Creek Canyon and up toward Flagstaff is a nice ride too.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl. I got out and looked things over this morning: all seems OK. I can't get up high enough to check the slide out awnings (the ladder is packed), but what I could see from the ground looked OK. No body damage on the vehicles. Not sure where we can go to get away from the wrath of Ma Nature... she's tougher than Santa Claus in "knows when you are sleeping, she knows when you're awake..."

I'm looking forward to checking out the riding roads in AZ. And northward and higher elevations when things start cookin'.