Friday, September 15, 2023

Rating...

 

If you said, "It's got a good beat, but I couldn't understand the words - I'd give it a 67," you are from my generation and remember American Bandstand.  You get 50 bonus points for being so cool.

This rating is a bit different from that.  Our Sleep Number Bed tracks our sleep overnight and gives each of us a rating in the morning.  It is aware when you toss and turn, if you get out of bed for a potty visit, and your respiration.

 

This morning, I got a 68.  My average is 72.  Joan got an 86.  She obviously sleeps better than I do.  Might have something to do with Rufus pouncing on me most mornings... after he visits his litter box.  The boy is pretty regular.  "Hey, Dad - I'm awake!  Are you awake?  You probably want to get me some breakfast, huh?"  After he eats, he generally goes back to our bedroom and lays by Joan.  Pretty easy to see why her sleep rating is higher than mine.

It's a "smart bed."  I guess that makes our bed in the motorhome a stupid bed.  But, I do sleep well in the motorhome.  And even though the beds are different (the one in the motorhome is like Winnebago's version of a Tempur-pedic), I had no issue sleeping comfortably last night.

I went outside early to get my e-bike out of the car and unstrap the CTX in the cargo trailer... my plan was to beat the heat.  "How's that work for you, Jim?" you ask.  Well, it was already 83º and high humidity, so... not so great.  Our neighbor, Susan, walked by with her dog Tessa, so naturally, we visited for a while.  Tessa wanted to see Rufus, so I opened the door to let him out... and Tessa went in.  Eventually, we got Tessa out and the two of them were like a Disney movie... they really are nice together.  Tessa is sweet and Rufus is a good boy (drink), so it is a good match.

Eventually, back to the task at hand - it took more work to get the "removable" tie-wraps of the e-bike than anything else.  Well, there was a great deal of tugging to try to get the CTX out of the front wheel chock... it works better when you take the Velcro strap off that wraps around the wheel, connecting it solidly to the chock.  By the time I came back in, I was a sweaty mess... so much for that "beating the heat" stuff.

We'll make a run into Harlingen to pick up some more moving boxes, a stop at the storage unit to get the rest of the stuff out of the motorhome that we want at the house, and maybe have a leisurely lunch out.

Back into the swing of things in the Tropical Tip.

--------

The plan went as planned.  Lunch was good, U-Haul had just what Joan was looking for in boxes, and we finished emptying out the motorhome.  It rained for about 10 minutes, just when we were taking stuff to load in the Equinox.  I left the stuff just inside the door of the storage unit and went back to the last few trips of stuff to go.  And then when the rain quit (and just in time for the humidity hootenanny), we loaded up the car... a half hour or so at the motorhome, and we were outta there.  The air conditioning in the car felt great.

The stuff we hauled back is put away, so I was able to take a breather to write this.  Still stuff to get done around the house; the main thing: apparently while we were gone, there was no rain, but a daily dose of afternoon wind... which made for blowing sand, dirt, and grit... which in the daily humidity made it stick to the south side of the house... which means the house needs to be hosed and scrubbed.  It's a job best done with two of us... one on the hose, the other with a scrub brush... which means that one of us can say, "You hoser."  Yeah, that was a long way to go for that joke.  And, another day for being able to say, "You hoser."


No comments: