Friday, September 1, 2023

That looks like fun...

 

While out on the CTX this morning, I came across a group of Porsches... that's Porsche, as in the fine German engineered autos.  About 12 to 15 of them went right by me while I was at the stop sign at the intersection of Spring Creek Road and Neck Yoke Road.

Fun to wave and see them go by.  No, I didn't have a camera on the bike.  (Didn't learn that lesson.)  I turned left on Neck Yoke to go enjoy the twisties.  A few miles down the road, another group of them went by; 8 of them in this group.  Hmmm... I think there must be a Porsche gathering happening here in the Black Hills.  And then, 5 more went by.  So, between 25 and 30 of them, all looking shined up and pretty.

When I got home, I looked it up: Yep, a Porsche Club of America, in conjunction with the Dakota Porsche Club of America is having their "Run For The Hills XXI" happening right now.  Their headquarters for this event is at a lodge just outside of Keystone.  No details on where we could go check out a "show and shine."  It would be fun to look them over.

Over the years, I had a couple Porsches... I'd have to sell a kidney to get one these days.  ;-)


 I know: the car on the right isn't a Porsche - that was Joan's 280ZX; my Porsche on the left.

Ah, the good ol' days.  No, neither of those are able to tow a cargo trailer.  ;-)


No comments: