Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Out on the CTX with the Hover Air X1

 

I got out this morning, before the heat of the day.  I rode across the causeway to the parking lot of the South Padre Island Convention Center.  Yes, the place that has that Wyland Whaling Wall mural of the Orcas that I like so much.  I wanted to try out some of the modes on the Hover Air X1 with a bigger radius orbit and higher up on the zoom out.

No, I won't be using this while riding the motorcycle or scooter... the follow speed of the drone tops out between 15 to 17 miles per hour.  I think the drone will be fun for "B-roll" or accent video when shooting with my other video cameras.  Plus, it is fun to fly: press the button to pick what mode you want, start it, and it takes off from your hand.  When it is done doing the camera maneuver, it flies back to you and lands on the palm of your hand.

Here's a still from the bird's eye mode (it goes straight up while rotating, then comes back down and lands in your hand)...


 And an edited video with a voice over...


An unusual light wind day here - the little drone didn't have to work too hard.

No comments: