Thursday, September 21, 2023

Rufus's Morning Out...

 

No, he didn't get out on his own - he and I took a walk this morning.  Most outings, he chews a little grass, sniffs a tree or two, and calls it a day.  Today, he was a walking machine; after a couple laps of the house, we went down to the corner, then turned east.  I took this photo of one of the canals as we walked by it...


 The views down the canals are one of my favorite things about living here.  It wasn't long before Rufus saw one of his dog friends, Nala... they haven't seen each other since before we went to South Dakota... it was cute to see them trot towards each other...


Nala's parents are Bill and Shelena (they also have 3 cats, so Nala is comfortable with felines).  There was some sniffing around each other... Rufus went to Shelena for some rubs, while I gave Nala some pets.  The four-legged critters caught up while the humans visited.

Before long, we were joined by David and Tessa.  Tessa and Rufus are buddies... animals and people visiting...




Everybody gets along.  When we all parted company, Rufus and I walked a bit more... he was ready to head for home and get a treat.

Time for me to get out for a bicycle ride...

 

I took the new Hover X1 camera drone along to shoot a few clips.  This is fast to set up, easy to work with, and a breeze to download.  I used the mic on my iPhone to record through the Hover app - no need to set up a mic at home and do a voice over.  Fast and easy to drop it into iMovie to add a couple titles and a bit of music at the open and ending...


I am enjoying this camera drone.  No, I haven't used it around Rufus.  Yet.  It isn't particularly quiet.


No comments: