Monday, September 25, 2023

Using the Hover X1 and Insta360 Go 3...

 

Out for a bicycle ride this morning, before we get after more packing and planning today.  I used the Hover X1 while on my ride, then brought in the Go 3 to show how the Hover Mode and audio recording (where the AI on the X1 eliminates the propeller noise) works, and the X1 lands on my hand...


 

Rufus was looking over my shoulder while I was uploading that video to YouTube...


 "Um, Pops, aren't you supposed to be moving some boxes or something?  Maybe it's time to feed me - yeah, I'm sure it's time to feed me."

He got lunch right on time.  Because I'm a good cat Dad... and he's a good boy.

Joan and I went out to the driveway before his lunch - we had to send photos of where the U-Haul pods will be placed in the driveway... Joan had the space marked out with tape.  Surprisingly, I think we'll still have room for the car and cargo trailer.  Probably.  Three days before the pods are supposed to arrive.

It's getting real.

--------

Just messin' around: I haven't tried the Hover X1 indoors.  Until now...


 Yes, you could easily shoot this with a phone.  But, why would you when you have a drone that can do it?  ;-)



 

4 comments:

Earl49 said...

That is getting real.. Glad you're feeling better. Alice is in Seattle today picking up her big flutes from the specialty "vet". Duke is figuring out that mommy is gone, but it is just for today.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

"But, Dad, you PROMISED Mom was done being gone!" They miss "their person" when they aren't there.

We are living around boxes, but not for long.

Joan had a slight headache the morning after we got the shots. I've read that having the body aches like I did is a sign that those antibodies are getting fired up. Glad they settled back in, 'cause that was a crappy day. I think Joan is just tougher than I am.

Earl49 said...

Alice got home at 0100 after her flight out of SEA TAC was delayed an hour. A long, long day for her and she is sleeping it off, with Duke right by her side. He was getting somewhat distressed when she did not come home all evening.

I can see realtors using that drone to fly through homes that they are listing. Virtual online tours are a "thing" these days.

Glad that you and Joan are feeling better. I see my doc in a month and he will surely push hard for me to get another vaccination. I'm not include to do so, but anyone who wants to should get it.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Glad Duke has his Mom back.

There is someone from Austin posting on YouTube that is showing houses with footage from this same drone. From my take, a 360 camera would do that even better, but that does take a bit more post production to be useful.

Joan never got the body aches - she is obviously tougher than I am. I remember when Steph was born: Joan squatted down, hatched out the kid, then went back to pulling a plow through the fields. I may not have all the details right, but it was something like that. If you don't hear from me again, notify the authorities.