Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes...

 

If you said, "The Platters, 1959," you get 20 bonus points.  If you said, "The song was originally written for the 1933 musical Roberta," you get 200 bonus points.

If you are in western South Dakota right now, you probably have a different perspective: the storms that blew in yesterday and last night brought in cold air (only in the 60s today) and gusty north winds... and brought smoke from wildfires from the northwestern states and Canada.

Too chilly and gusty for me to want to do a bicycle ride this morning, but I took Rufus out for a couple minutes... you can see, smell, and taste the smoke in the air.  One good gust blowing wind up his hind end, and he was done.  I felt like I needed to clean my glasses while outside...


That view is looking back towards the large storage area here, but you can see the hill in the distance is partially obscured due to the smoke.

Changing subjects, I sold the DJI Mini drone I had listed on the Hart Ranch Owners Group on Facebook.  The first guy that inquired about it bought it.  I had it priced to sell.  He and I visited for a bit - nice guy; he has owned a bigger drone before, and has a Part 107 license, so he should have no problem with his small drone.  It was too windy to try it out, but I put a battery in it and fired it up so he could see that it was working.


No comments: