Thursday, September 7, 2023

More Today Than Yesterday...

 

If you said, "Spiral Staircase, 1969," you get 25 bonus points.  If you said, "Hey, isn't that your song, for you and Joan?" you get another 25 bonus points.  I still sing and play it for her.

Out on the bike one last time (probably), since the bikes will go into the cargo trailer and get strapped down tomorrow.  I was thinking I'd get out early... Mother Nature had other plans, when rain showers rolled through (see the earlier post today).

I waited long enough for things to dry up (another plan).  I was looking to get out and run the whole length of Iron Mountain Road.  I did shoot some video with the Go 3 on the ride, and will probably do a POV ride video of that when I have time to edit and do a 30 minute voice over.  But, for now, here are some stills of the ride, starting on Hwy 36...



 And then onto Iron Mountain Road...



Today's ride was a LOT better than yesterday's... only 4 vehicles in front of me the entire stretch of this great road; 3 let me get around, and 1 I passed, in short order.  But most of it, was unencumbered with a vehicle messing up my forward view.



Some motorcyclists on a break (above) and wet roads (below)...

The rain obviously happened here, too, and in the shadow of the trees, it hadn't evaporated, yet.

Curves and pretty scenery - that's what this road is all about...





Off Iron Mountain Road, through Keystone, and "a sign" that it is time to wrap up our riding here: Hwy 40, that runs from Keystone to Hwy 79 is being resurfaced.  Going south from Hart Ranch and staying on the twisties, you have to ride or cross Hwy 40.  It's time.  One more tunnel on Hwy 16A, north of Keystone...

I will be working on some "paused" video (shot, but not edited) in the future... as time permits.  But, for now, thanks for riding along on the blog.  Tomorrow will be the start of the getting ready to roll.


No comments: