Friday, October 13, 2023

Snakeskin...

 

"Did you buy some fancy cowboy boots, Jim?"

No, but thanks for asking.  We've been in Arizona for less than 72 hours.  The skin on my legs already looks like snakeskin.  Well, like a snake shedding its skin, to be more accurate.

No photos.  You're welcome.

We got the Equinox emptied and made like a real vehicle again.  Today, we'll be emptying out the cargo trailer and putting that stuff in storage until we can get in the new house.

That's my life now: moving stuff in and out of storage units... pretty sure that's one of the Nine Stages of Hell.

 --------

The Equinox got to be empty for a short time.  There was enough extra stuff in the cargo trailer to completely fill the vehicle again.  Completely.  I guess I didn't consider how much room 4 more guitars and a cajon would take up, along with all the other household stuff that had been put in the cargo trailer.  On the really bright side, except for one guitar with us in the coach, and a bass that got loaded in the shipping pods, all my other guitars are safely in climate controlled storage.  Joan said, "You can have a 'family reunion' for them when you get to put them all in your new music room."  I have been keeping my excitement in check, but now that it is getting close, I am ready.

Also, I was really glad to get the bikes unstrapped...


They (the bikes) had to get moved out to get at all the stuff that was packed in the trailer.  And now that the bikes are out, they are available to be ridden... when we can find the time.  Soon, maybe.  And, to tie this together with the title of this post: my CTX has snakeskin trim on the seat.  I could ride it in shorts and be matching!

When Steph and Dan get off work today, we're going to go to the new house - and that's the real anticipation for Joan and me. 

No comments: