Friday, October 20, 2023

Wading through...

 

Not crossing a creek, nor through a flood.  This morning, we have moved on to updating our address with all the different insurances we have.  Some are easy, others have their Customer Service outsourced to somewhere that makes me question if we are both speaking English.  Well, the same English.  Those same ones are painful to wade through, as things have to be repeated... repeatedly... from both sides.  One in particular took over an hour to change the address for both of us.  Update: I was posting this while dealing with that phone call - it actually took over an hour and a half, and talking to 4 different people to get it done.  Joan thought I was being rude when I asked the person on the other end of the phone to please not talk over me... he would ask a question, and when I would start to answer, he'd talk over me.  She found out what I was dealing with when it was her turn to talk to them.

When you think about moving, there is the physical work involved with packing up your stuff.  I thought that would be the hard part.  Nah, that's just the back and muscle ache part.  Dealing with all these different entities and their phone staff can be frustrating.

It just takes time.  And patience.  I need to stock up on that patience stuff.


No comments: