Sunday, October 15, 2023

Tires on the ground...

 

I like that phrase - one of the guys on the scooter forum where I'm a regular said that, with the encouragement that "It's always possible for a quick run to the store."

I got out on the CTX this morning...


It wasn't long or far, but it was "tires on the ground" and knees in the breeze.  And, in spite of an achy back (too much standing around and slow walking at the Home Show yesterday), it felt great just to be out on the bike again.

The plan for today: furniture shopping.  Joan has already picked out several furniture stores she wants to visit.  I look at furniture shopping with the same anticipation as getting a root canal.  But, it is her birthday tomorrow, and for her, I will approach this with glee and excitement... feigned, perhaps, but all outward appearances will be positive.



No comments: