Thursday, November 1, 2018

Rufus - I am your Father...


You have to add the Darth Vader breath sounds for it to make sense.

Joan got a new cape in from Amazon.  A cape?  Yeah, a long black one.  No, not for some sexy witch outfit, this is for cutting hair.  Well, my hair.  So, I guess it is my cape.  It is a nice fabric one that seems to shed the hair... and keeps it off my clothes.  But, I couldn't resist doing my Darth Vader impersonation.  Come on, you all do it.

Rufus wasn't sure about my "James Earl Jones" impersonation.  Especially the breath sounds.

It was either Darth Vader or I was going to have to put my underwear on the outside of my pants to do my super-hero impression.  A cape does that to me.

We also did our civic duty today - early voting...


Not like a crowd was gathered - they had 4 volunteers in there to check your ID and give you the ballots, and we were the only ones there to vote.


Some people say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain"... apparently, that isn't correct, because it seems that there are more people on Facebook trying to influence your vote than there are registered voters.  Either way, there are going to be a whole lot of angry people after next Tuesday... just like there are a lot of angry people before next Tuesday.  I don't talk politics much here... but the current state of politics reminds me of the anger and dissonance of the late 60s/early 70s.

Speaking of Amazon - and I was earlier, regarding the cape.  We seem to get something from Amazon about every other day or so.  In fact, if we go more than 3 days without ordering something from Prime, we get a message from Amazon asking if we are OK.  Yes, I'm kidding... more like 4 days.

And now for a weather report: the "front" that was supposed to roar in here... didn't.  Oh, there was 14 seconds of a light mist when the wind changed from south to north northwest.  The high for the day was supposed to happen at midnight (when it was 77º) and fall throughout the day.  It mostly didn't.  It was 71º when I got up this morning.  71º at 4:00 pm.  It was breezy earlier, but is a rather pleasant 13mph.  Partly sunny.  Dare I say: a rather pleasant day... especially considering the forecast.  The precip stayed off-shore and the cold mostly didn't make it this far south.  I'm good with that.

That's the news and weather - in the world of sports,.. nah, I'm kidding - you don't get a body like this by working out.


2 comments:

Pat Anderson said...

Speaking of Amazon, we make a lot of purchases too, but checking orders mine are virtually all things that I cannot buy locally:

8.5" x 6" x 3.5" iron garage hooks for the cargo trailer - Home Depot and Ace had nothing even remotely similar.

20 gauge color-coded hook up wire kit (six colors) in dispenser box. The large local electrcal supply store agreed that would be really neat to have. The marine electronics store has them but doesn't sell them.

10 pack of LED bulbs compatilbe with 1141 socket for Alaskan Camper - for $11. This item I could get locally but for about the same amount PER BULB.

Small volt / amp / watt meter for Alaskan Camper for the Alaskan Camper - not a Victron but give a lot of the same info for $19, also nothing similar available locally.

Renogy 100 watt solar suitcase, solar extension cords with MC4 connectors and tool for MC4 connectors, all for Alaskan Camper. NOBODY sells anything solar around here, unless you let them install it. Alaskan Camper in SW Washington sells a solar suitcase for $1,100,this one was $279.

Alpicool 15 quart 12 volt freezer for Alaskan Camper. Nothing similar available locally.

And the list goes on...and we live close to a city of 80,000 with pretty good retail. If you need something, Amazon has it - but you already knew that!

nikkisa889 said...

The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, but I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could possibly fix in case you werent too busy in search of attention. slots for real money