Sunday, November 11, 2018

The end of an era...


Nothing to do with rock 'n roll, scooters, boats, or dolphins... so, it must be about Rufus, huh?

Yeah.

Rufus is my boy.  He knows I picked him.  He understands I am the alpha male and respects that.  And, he is the cuddliest boy cat I have ever been around.  He comes when I call him, and is almost always sitting by me.  He is my "security" when I use the bathroom: standing guard by the door, ready to ward off any attackers.

He is my boy.

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't ignore Joan.  In fact, he has been hopping up in her chair to cuddle with her lately, especially when I have the computer on my lap.

But, this morning... he was sitting on the floor between our chairs.  He looked up at me, and I said, "Come on, Ruf - hop up here!"

He looked up at Joan, and she said, "Do you want to sit with your Momma?"

And... he hopped up into her chair.  Now, I get it: I'd rather snuggle with Joan, too.  But, he is my boy... if it was her or me, he always picked me.  Until today.

(Sigh)


No comments: