Sunday, November 25, 2018

Solo...


Not Han (Star Wars).  The next front is supposed to blow in overnight - Joan asked if I wanted to go to the store with her... speaking honestly: "I'd rather run some gas through the boat, if that works for you, and you don't need me to push the cart around."

Deal.

The fog was even thicker this morning than yesterday.  Unlike the forecast, the sun pulled the same routine as yesterday: a peek here and there.

I took the Nikon DSLR and the GoPro - heading out...




Out of the canal, you can see some of the excursion boats hunkered down on the wall at South Point Marina (a sign that they are expecting ugly north wind)...


My goal today was to run the engine at speed before the boat gets "a rest" for a few days again.  I saw a dolphin, but barely slowed down...


Down to the ship channel, once around the island at the "Y" and then slowed down for a look around...


A couple more dolphins...




Nothing like yesterday's viewing, but one of them paced me the rest of the way back to our turn into the canal.

The GoPro point of view: coming back to our side of the island...




That "pacing" dolphin on the GoPro...


Back to the dock, I cleaned up the boat and put it away for a few days...


Looking at the sky, the clouds were getting lower.  Yeah, I better take the scoot for a short run before supper.  ;-)  And, before the weather turns.  Again.


No comments: