Thursday, July 25, 2019

A bright start to the morning...


Rufus likes Hart Ranch.  Well, mostly he like being outside, putting his face in the grass, watching stuff go by (a regular "parade" of people, walking, walking their dog, riding bikes, or driving golf carts or UTVs), or sitting by the screen door of the motorhome, with the door open.

After my walk this morning, and before a bike ride, he let me know he wanted to go outside.  I put on his harness, and out we went.  We had a pounding rain for about 20 minutes last night - the grass was mostly dry this morning, but Rufus found the one little bit of wet dirt at the base of a small tree.  Yep, he walked right through it.  As Joan says, "He's a boy."  Fortunately, cats are mostly self-cleaning, and it didn't take him long to have those bright white paws looking pristine again.

He laid in the grass for a while, then up to one of our camp chairs for a higher, cushier vantage point...


Of course I am biased, but he is looking good in the morning sunshine.

Last night in the motorhome, during the rain, he sat on my legs...


I swear he is still growing.  I am guessing he is about 45 pounds now... but, I may be a bit high on that.  I notice it most when he sits on me.  Yes, he is right on that hip - no problem at all.  :-)


No comments: