Wednesday, July 31, 2019

They said this would happen...


One of my physical therapists said this would happen.  Oh, I didn't believe him... seemed a bit far fetched.

Well, it happened yesterday.

What?  No, nothing bad.  After we got back from our ride yesterday afternoon, I put the bikes away.  I took my cane out of the bike and leaned it against the side of the trailer while I finished up.  Then, I went in the house.

It wasn't until last night, when Joan asked me to take the garbage out.  The garbage can is across the street and down one site.  On my way there, I walked past the cargo trailer and... there was my cane, still leaning against the trailer.

I used the cane while we walked around Sturgis.  There is uneven ground/flooring in the various vendor tents; I knew I would be doing some standing while we were looking at stuff... it is easier on my hip if I have the cane to lean against in this situation.

I didn't use it on my morning walk.  I didn't need it once we got home from our ride.  Yep, I put it down and forgot it.  I guess that's a sign that I don't need it (much) anymore.  Key word there is "much."

;-)


No comments: