Monday, July 15, 2019

Rufus knows...


The furry boy knows something is up - there is a lot of scurrying around here.  Mass quantities of stuff going out the front door. "You're taking me, too, right?"


"Of course we are, Ruf - you are family; you go where we go."

I got out for my morning walk and bicycle ride this morning.  Got fooled, though... the outside air temp was showing 75º on our weather station.  Nope; Joan had brought in the temperature probe, so it was reading the temperature on our dining table.  It was hot and humid enough to fog up my sun glasses when I stepped outside.  On the bright side, there was a bit of a cloud layer at the horizon; looking up our canal...


Pretty serene looking; our usual southeast wind hadn't come up, yet.  While riding my bike, I came across two neighbors walking, Susan and Bonnie.  Bonnie said, "We're just a couple old streetwalkers."

I said to Susan, "Maybe you should explain to her what a 'streetwalker' is."  Bonnie laughed, told me she was quite aware, and said she could get away with it, because "she is old."  She then told me "the 3 things to know about being old:

Never pass up the opportunity to use the bathroom.
Never trust a fart.
Don't waste an erection."

Words to live by, whatever your age.

When I got home, Joan was up, and it was time to get back to the loading stuff.  First thing, before it got too hot: get the scoots strapped down in their cargo trailer.  When we first got the trailer, I coated the floor with non-skid, like the Rhino-Liner used in pickup beds.  It is a very aggressive texture.  I put knee pads on to get the rear of the scoots strapped down.  The scoots are ready to make the ride north.


An early morning view of "the traveling stuff"...


We are down to last minute stuff for the motorhome, and tomorrow will be about shutting down the house.  I have had the opportunity to use some muscles that haven't been used in a while, with lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.  I will be ready to roll so I can relax a bit.  ;-)

Kidding, of course; Joan has been doing her share of the packing up process, and a good portion of mine.  I'm doing what I can.  Really.


No comments: